AEC Success: How to Find and/or Become a Mentor
A mentor is someone who can guide you toward reaching your career goals and ultimately your definition of success. This interactive online course will teach you how to find a mentor using five specific considerations. Additionally you will learn how to become a mentor and then benefits mentoring will have on your career success. You will also learn strategies for getting the most out of the mentoring relationship.
- Define and describe the benefits of finding and becoming a mentor
- Describe how to find the perfect mentor regardless of your age using five specific considerations
- List ways to become a mentor at any stage in your AEC career
- Identify strategies for getting the most out of the mentoring relationship from both sides of the relationship
- AEC Complete
- Professional Development
- Professional Development
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
- Received in 2005, the Young Engineer of the Year Award from the New York State Society of Professional Engineers, Rockland County Chapter.
- Was selected in 2008, by Rockland County, New York to participate in the Leadership Rockland program, a leadership development program in which participants receive leadership training from local politicians, economists, historians, artists and other professionals.
- Was selected in 2009, to receive the “Forty under 40” Award from the Rockland County Economic Development Corporation which recognizes the most promising up-and-coming young members of the Rockland County business community. The award is based on professional and entrepreneurial accomplishments, community involvement, and the nominee’s positive impact on the local community.
- Received in 2010, a Presidential Citation from the New York State Society of Professional Engineers for his dedication to both the Society as well as the engineering community.
- Is a licensed Professional Engineer and a LEED Accredited Professional.
- Is a past Chairperson and Founder of the American Society of Civil Engineers Lower Hudson Valley Younger Member Group.
- Is currently the acting Executive Director of the New York State Society of Professional Engineers.
- Is an industry-recognized inspirational platform speaker on the topics of career advancement, business growth and development and leadership.
- Is the expert to turn to when you are ready to realize your career goals and dreams.
I am currently developing a mentor program for our business and this course…
By Jerred S. on June 21, 2017
I am currently developing a mentor program for our business and this course was very helpful in establishing program guidelines. I would highly recommend it to anyone, not just those in Engineering fields.
By Taras H. on June 14, 2017
By Andre D. (Engineer, Professional Organization) on September 22, 2017
I think this course gave me some new and better guidance on the mentoring s…
By Omar S. on July 24, 2017
I think this course gave me some new and better guidance on the mentoring subject. I appreciate it!
Has helpful info that is hard to come by.
By Margaret C. on June 19, 2017
Has helpful info that is hard to come by. I appreciate the specifics in how to obtain a mentor and how the protégé-mentor relationship works. Thank you!