RedVector author Patrick C. Garner is a hydrologist, professional wetland scientist, certified soil evaluator and professional land surveyor. He has served as President of the Massachusetts Association of Wetland Scientists, teaches surveying, wetland and river workshops, and has published numerous articles on wetland science and ethics. Garner frequently writes reviews for the national magazine, American Surveyor. He is a principal of Patrick C. Garner Company, Inc., in Northborough, Massachusetts. Garner earned his Bachelor of Arts (BVA) at GA State University in Atlanta.
Areas of Professional Focus
Peer Review, River Analysis, Wetlands Delineation, Hydrology, Project Monitoring, Soil Evaluation, Boundary Dispute Resolution, Expert Witness Services
Select Projects of Interest
- Analysis for USACE & EPA of 125-acre wetland site, including hydrologic analysis & mitigation studies of filled portions of Great Cedar Swamp, Halifax & Hanson, MA.
- Horizontal & vertical location of a 16th century shipwreck for the National Parks Service, Provincetown, MA.
- Beach riparian rights analysis for Georgia Supreme Court, property adjacent to King & Prince Hotel, St. Simons Island, GA.
- V-zone analysis for Rockefeller family holdings on Cumberland Island, GA.
- Numerous residential, recreational, open space, commercial & industrial projects abutting or impacting wetlands and rivers, including cumulatively over 50 replication/restoration designs in Massachusetts since 1986.
- Consultant currently to numerous Massachusetts Conservation Commissions.
- Expert Witness: MA District, Land & Superior Courts; MassDEP Adjudicatory Courts
|Preview courses authored by Patrick C. Garner covering boundary resolution, torts and more.||