7 Hour Mold Remediation Program #2
Item #: RV-PGM164
SME: Michael A. Pinto, CSP, CMP
This program covers the equipment and work practices involved in completing mold remediation projects. The program also discusses how mold remediation projects are completed. This program has 4 lessons with a test at the end of each lesson which must be passed with a score of 70% or better to move on to the next lesson. The 4 lessons are:
Lesson 1: Completing the Mold Remediation
Lesson 2: Mold Remediation Equipment
Lesson 3: Work Practices of the Mold Remediation Contractor
Lesson 4: Mold Remediation in Schools & Commercial Buildings
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the methods and materials used for isolation of a hazardous work environment.
- Describe how to estimate and setup a negative pressure environment
- Implement the best procedures available to clean contamination from a variety of material types
- Know when to anticipate problems in unseen areas and how to minimize their impact
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages to each sterilizer, disinfectant, sanitizer, and cleaner
- Recognize the controversies you will encounter regarding the selection and use of chemicals
- Describe how to safely dispose of mold contaminated materials
- Communicate effectively with building occupants during a mold cleanup project
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
Michael A. Pinto, CSP, CMP, is chief executive officer of Wonder Makers Environmental, Inc., a manufacturing and environmental consulting firm that specializes in identification and control of asbestos, lead, IAQ, mold, industrial hygiene, and chemical problems. Mr. Pinto is the author of over 150 published articles and several books including, Fungal Contamination: A Comprehensive Guide for Remediation. He completed doctoral course work in environmental engineering and holds numerous certifications in the environmental and safety areas including Certified Safety Professional and Certified Mold Professional. He was selected as part of the Mitigation Assessment Team for FEMA following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. He was the lead author on the FEMA Fact Sheet Cleaning Flooded Buildings after Hurricane Sandy and was a contributor to the EPA’s Healthy Homes Initiative. He was a contributor to the section of the A.M. Best Underwriting Guide related to mold remediation and restoration contractors.
Packages30 Hour Indiana Civil Engineering Discount Package
Packages14 Hour FL Contractor FCILB Roofing Course Package
Packages30 Hour Electrical Engineering Discount Package #01
Packages15 Hour Highway Engineering Package with Ethics
Packages30 Hour Mechanical Engineering Discount Package
Packages15 Hour Coastal Engineering and Hurricane Design Package with Ethics
PackagesFlorida Engineer Civil and CC
WebinarHydraulic Design of Storm Sewers