7 Hour Mold Remediation Program #1
Item #: RV-PGM163
SME: Michael A. Pinto, CSP, CMP
This program is designed to give a background on Mold Detection and Remediation. The program also discusses the personal protective equipment to wear and the chemicals used in mold remediation projects. This program has 4lessons with a test at the end of each lesson which must be passed with a score of 70% or better to move on to the next lesson. The 4 lessons are:
Lesson 1: Toxic Mold Detection, Prevention, & Remediation
Lesson 2: Mold Remediation
Lesson 3: Personal Protective Equipment for Mold Remediation Contractors and Consultants
Lesson 4: Chemicals Used in Mold Remediation
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Identify an indoor mold problem and determine its severity.
- Identify Building and HVAC design, construction and operation and maintenance practices that can help control or prevent mold.
- Identify the first step in remediating mold in a confined space
- Differentiate between limited and full containment
- Identify the basics of the OSHA regulations related to PPE
- Distinguish the necessary hand protection that also provides the dexterity you need
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages to each sterilizer, disinfectant, sanitizer, and cleaner -Recognize the controversies you will encounter regarding the selection and use of chemicals
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
Michael A. Pinto, CSP, CMP, is chief executive officer of Wonder Makers Environmental, Inc., a manufacturing and environmental consulting firm that specializes in identification and control of asbestos, lead, IAQ, mold, industrial hygiene, and chemical problems. Mr. Pinto is the author of over 150 published articles and several books including, Fungal Contamination: A Comprehensive Guide for Remediation. He completed doctoral course work in environmental engineering and holds numerous certifications in the environmental and safety areas including Certified Safety Professional and Certified Mold Professional. He was selected as part of the Mitigation Assessment Team for FEMA following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. He was the lead author on the FEMA Fact Sheet Cleaning Flooded Buildings after Hurricane Sandy and was a contributor to the EPA’s Healthy Homes Initiative. He was a contributor to the section of the A.M. Best Underwriting Guide related to mold remediation and restoration contractors.
Packages30 Hour Indiana Civil Engineering Discount Package
Packages24 hour Civil Water Engineering Discount Package
Packages24 hour Structural Engineering Discount Package
Online CourseUnreinforced Masonry Design
Online CourseStructural Masonry Materials
Online CourseLead Contamination of Public Water Systems
Online CourseAquifer Remediation
Packages18 Hour New York Engineer Package