Oregon Electrician 2 Hour NFPA 70E Program
Item #: RV-PGM133
SME: W. Jon Wallace, CSP, MBA
This 2-hour course is formatted in 2 lessons. Each lesson has a test which must be passed with a minimum score of 70% and a survey which must be completed before proceeding to the next lesson. Each test must be passed with a score of 70% or higher in order to receive a certificate of completion. The lessons are listed below:
Lesson 1: 2015 NFPA 70E® - Significant Changes
The 2015 edition of NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® has recently been issued, and there are significant changes to the standard. This course is designed to inform you about important changes made from the 2012 edition so you will have knowledge of the most up-to-date information.
Lesson 2: Strategies for Implementing NFPA 70E®
This course will cover information regarding electric power transformers and their application in commercial, business and residential facilities. Information about how electric transformers provide the proper voltage is included. Focus will be primarily on the utility type of transformer for power supplies needed to operate equipment, HVAC systems, lighting, and convenience power systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss significant changes made to the 2015 edition of NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
- Discuss OSHA requirements and NFPA 70E® PPE electrical safety-related work practices, safety-related maintenance requirements, and administrative controls
- Describe NFPA 70E® compliance strategies, including changes to label requirements and changes to improve the clarity of the code
- List the 5 habits electrical workers practice to improve worksite safety
- Describe how an electric arc flash occurs and how it can be avoided to prevent accidental injuries or death
- Discuss personal protection equipment requirements intended to help avoid accidental injuries or death
- Explain the hazards of electricity from shock and measures that may be taken to avoid accidental injuries or death
- Describe NFPA 70E® compliance strategies to help prevent shock hazards
- Identify changes to 2015 edition of NFPA 70E® intended to provide enhanced safety for those performing hazardous electrical work
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
Workplace Safety was founded in 2002 by W. Jon Wallace, CSP, MBA. Jon is a Certified Safety Professional with nearly three decades occupational safety experience and is nationally recognized in the area of occupational safety. His industrial experience includes Mobil Oil and Hercules, where he not only gained the technical knowledge of occupational safety and loss control but also how to effectively implement practical, pragmatic safety solutions to everyday safety concerns. Upon obtaining his Master of Business Administration (MBA) Jon relocated to North Carolina and became a safety consultant. He has assisted clients in the chemical, nuclear, furniture, semiconductor, automotive, steel, and pharmaceutical industries with their occupational safety needs. His recent focus has been NFPA 70E® —Electrical Safe Work practices, OSHA compliance training, lockout/tagout risk assessments, robotics safety, as well as combustible dust program reviews. In addition to safety consulting, Jon is an Adjunct Assistant Professor with the School of Public Health at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is on the faculty of The University of North Carolina Education & Research Center (ERC). He teaches various safety topics including the 10- and 30-hour OSHA compliance courses. He is an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer. Most recent achievement is being a two time finisher in the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon.
Packages16 Hour Utah Electrician 2017 NEC and Safety Package
Online CourseGeneral Electrical Hazard Awareness and NFPA 70E® 2018
WebinarSmart Grid Technology - Second Repeat Presentation
Online CourseNFPA 70E® - 2018 Updates
Online CourseAn Introduction to Fitwel®