OSHA 10 Hour Construction: Module 01 - Introduction [V2]
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Define the acronym “OSHA” and explain what OSHA does.
- Name the publication that contains the OSHA standards and the four broad categories of business/industry covered by these standards.
- List at least three employer responsibilities required by the OSHA standards.
- Summarize a worker’s rights and list at least three worker responsibilities covered under the OSHA standard.
- Know how to find out more about OSHA and where to seek OSHA’s help.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Dan Johnson, CSP (SFI Compliance Inc.)
Dan Johnson, CSP, is an experienced and integrity driven Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) professional with over 20 years of accomplishments and success on a national level. He is a Certified Safety Professional with the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. Currently the Managing Partner of SFI Compliance Inc. (www.sficompliance.com), he has also been a safety director for two national home builders and a national utility contractor, as well as numerous years as a safety consultant specializing in the construction industry. He is a skillful designer of EHS programs who has effectively executed those programs within a wide range of industries. Dan has expertise in changing the work environment through behavior based safety, while maintaining productivity. His progressive leadership experiences have produced a passion for surpassing objectives and adding value to the organization. He has extensive knowledge working with multiple jurisdictions to ensure compliance, including: OSHA, DOL, DOT, EPA, USACE and some State and Local municipalities.
Dan is also the author of “Jobsite First Aid—A Field Guide for the Construction Industry” and “DeWALT Construction Safety and OSHA Handbook.”