Construction Mediation: A Brief Overview - Beginner
This 1-hour interactive online course provides a brief overview to teach the construction professional the definitions of the basic concepts of the mediation process. Mediation is rapidly becoming a preferred method to resolve disputes arising from the construction process, both during and after contract performance. If you are a prime contractor, subcontractor, architect, engineer, construction manager, owner''s representative, surety, insurance company, or otherwise involved in construction, it is highly likely that you will be a party to one or more mediations during your career. This course will provide basic information to the construction professional to allow him or her to understand the mediation process.
There will be a brief multiple-choice quiz at the end of each scenario. You must have Flash Player Version 7 or higher to view some parts of this course. We also recommend you view this course in Internet Explorer.
After completion of the course, you will:
- Understand the difference between mediation and other techniques of dispute resolution
- Understand the basic principles of mediation and how it is used to resolve disputes
- Understand the stages of mediation and what happens in each stage
- Have a basic vocabulary of terms used in mediation
There are 4 courses that are related to Construction Mediation. These courses should not be taken together as they contain duplicate information.
- Construction Mediation: A Brief Overview - Beginner (1 hour)
- Construction Mediation: An Introduction - Beginner (2 hours)
- Construction Mediation: Participating Effectively as a Party - Advanced (6 hours)
- Construction Mediation: Participating Effectively as a Party - Intermediate (4 hours)
- AEC Complete
- Construction & Trades
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
By Andrew F. (Contractor / Trades) on March 16, 2018
By DANIEL C. (Contractor / Trades) on March 9, 2018
Information was well presented and very informative on a subject I was not …
By Harry B. on June 29, 2017
Information was well presented and very informative on a subject I was not previously familiar. Course length was just right. One issue: the layout of the text on the screen had problems. In some cases, the words were doubled over each other or were inside the photos.
very long course
By Andrew K. (Contractor / Trades) on February 8, 2018
very long course
Pg 16 of Mediation Process needs a format modification --- pg 2 of joint se…
By Paul M. (Contractor / Trades, Engineer) on January 17, 2018
Pg 16 of Mediation Process needs a format modification --- pg 2 of joint session needs a format modification too
WebinarUPS Battery Monitoring