This four-hour course is presented in three lessons.
Lesson 1 – NFPA 70E® 2018 Updates This interactive online course will cover the most recent updates and changes from NFPA 70E® 2018 as well as offer some education on what we need to be doing to stay compliant from an electrical safety perspective as it relates to these new updates. Upon completion, you will walk away with a much better understanding of what can be done to reach electrical compliance.
Lesson 3 - 2017 NEC Changes: Branch Circuit, Feeder and Services. Chapter 2 of the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) contains requirements for wiring of grounded conductors, branch, feeder and service conductors. Several changes were made for branch circuit conductors, feeder conductors and service conductors in Articles 210, 215, and 230, and, as always, they are some of the biggest in the entire Code. This interactive, online course covers changes that include new and revised rules for GFCI and AFCI protection, dwelling unit circuiting and receptacles outlet revisions, fixing the electric service receptacle rule, adding required lighting, adding receptacles in commercial buildings(!), clarifying how to size feeders, and new listing rules for service equipment, and others as well.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
· Recall the 2018 changes to NFPA 70E®
· Recall the six-point plan for electrical safety
· Define “electrical contractor” based on Texas Occupations Code, §1305.002(5)
· Define “on-the-job” training based on the Texas Occupations Code, §1305.002(11)
· Recall the insurance requirements of an electrical contractor in the state of Texas
· List the standards of conduct for engaging in electrical work in the state of Texas
· Explain the new rules for GFCI's and AFCI's
· Describe the changes to required branch circuits and receptacles in dwelling units and commercial buildings
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.