Montana Electrician 4 Hour Industry Related Program 2
This 4-hour program is presented in 2 lessons. Each lesson has a test which must be passed with a minimum score of 70% and a survey which must be completed before proceeding to the next lesson. The lessons are listed below:
Lesson 1: Emergency Electric Power Webcast (RV-10540AW)
This webcast covers information regarding emergency electric power- primarily with respect to emergency and standby internal combustion diesel engine-generators. This webcast is an introduction to emergency and standby power systems and includes a review of practical applications.
Lesson 2: Electric Power Transformers Webcast (RV-10543AW)
This course will cover information regarding electric power transformers and their application in commercial, business and residential facilities. Information about how electric transformers provide the proper voltage is included. Focus will be primarily on the utility type of transformer for power supplies needed to operate equipment, HVAC systems, lighting, and convenience power systems.
- Recognize the main components and system features involved with emergency electric power and standby generators
- List the functions of various operating components of an emergency electric power generator, and be able to identify them by their appearance
- Describe the testing of emergency power systems
- State the principles involved in sizing and installing emergency electric power
- List the main types of transformers used for various applications.
- Describe the various applications for electric transformers.
- Recognize the various terms associated with transformers.
- State how transformers are constructed and designed
- AEC Complete
- Construction & Trades
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
Jim Taube holds a BS degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from
Jim possesses the Certified Energy Manager certification (CEM) granted by the Association of Energy Engineers.
Jim is married with 4 grown children and lives in