Illinois Engineer CE Requirements
Keeping your engineering license often means fulfilling continuing education requirements and staying up to speed on new technologies and developments. Nearly forty U.S. states require continuing education for engineers to renew licenses.
License Renewal Information for Illinois Engineers
30 PDH required biennially
Due by November 30th odd years
All 30 PDHs can be taken in online courses
3 Easy Ways to Get Training
Illinois PE PDH Approval
The Division shall not pre-approve individual courses or programs. The courses for this profession offered by RedVector has been reviewed to meet technical requirements for a Professional Engineer. It is the licensee's responsibility to verify that the course material meets their specific scope of practice and criteria required by the Board.
Proof of Completion for Illinois Engineer
It shall be the responsibility of a licensee to maintain a record of CE for 4 years that includes the following:
- The name and address of the sponsor or presenter;
- A brief statement of the subject matter, printed program schedules, registration receipts or other proof of participation;
- The number of hours attended in each program;
- The date and place of the program; or
- Certificate of attendance, transcript or records of CE credits maintained by an acceptable provider of continuing education or a records administrator, or log of activities that include activities for CE credit not given by a CE provider.