AEC Success: Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- Define interpersonal conflict
- Select the best strategies of the five from the Thomas and Kilmann's conflict mode instrument for dealing with conflict when presented with this scenario
- Name the two core skills that are necessary to successfully resolve conflict
- Describe emotional awareness and how it can help you in certain situations
Anthony Fasano, P.E., author of the bestselling book Engineer Your Own Success: 7 Key Elements to Creating an Extraordinary Engineering Career, is a nationally recognized professional coach and inspirational speaker specializing in the areas of business and career growth and development as well as leadership. Anthony uses his highly effective coaching and speaking techniques to help engineers and other technical professionals work through blocks, prioritize effectively, set clear goals and achieve their maximum potential.
Fasano found success as an engineer at a young age and has since left his engineering career to travel the world inspiring engineers. His company website called the Engineering Management Institute (previously known as The Engineering Career Coach) is loaded with free resources including two popular iTunes podcasts for engineers (one recently cited by Forbes) which are downloaded over 1,000 times per day. His Amazon.com-bestselling book Engineer Your Own Success was recently published by IEEE-Wiley Press as an updated and expanded second edition.
Fasano received a B.S. and a M.S. in Civil Engineering from Lafayette College and Columbia University respectively and his coaching certificate from the Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching.
- Received in 2005, the Young Engineer of the Year Award from the New York State Society of Professional Engineers, Rockland County Chapter.
- Was selected in 2008, by Rockland County, New York to participate in the Leadership Rockland program, a leadership development program in which participants receive leadership training from local politicians, economists, historians, artists and other professionals.
- Was selected in 2009, to receive the “Forty under 40” Award from the Rockland County Economic Development Corporation which recognizes the most promising up-and-coming young members of the Rockland County business community. The award is based on professional and entrepreneurial accomplishments, community involvement, and the nominee’s positive impact on the local community.
- Received in 2010, a Presidential Citation from the New York State Society of Professional Engineers for his dedication to both the Society as well as the engineering community.
- Is a licensed Professional Engineer and a LEED Accredited Professional.
- Is a past Chairperson and Founder of the American Society of Civil Engineers Lower Hudson Valley Younger Member Group.
- Served as the Executive Director of the New York State Society of Professional Engineers from 2012 to 2018.
- Is an industry-recognized inspirational platform speaker on the topics of career advancement, business growth and development and leadership.
- Is the expert to turn to when you are ready to realize your career goals and dreams.