ADA Guidelines 2010: Building Blocks
- Discuss different types of physical and mental disabilities as covered by ADA
- Describe the changes made to the “Building Blocks” by the enactment of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Describe the timeline for compliance with the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Explain the importance of compliance with the ADA
- Recognize who must comply with accessible laws and standards
Dr. Young currently works as a Military Master Planner with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, in the Planning, Environmental, and Regulatory Branch. Dr. Young is involved in a variety of work including a wide range of military planning, programming, and design projects. Project Management experience ranges from installation design guides to campus master plans. Projects also focus on the impacts of development on human health and the environment, and improvements through better siting, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of military projects.
Dr. Young is also an adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Arlington, School of Architecture. She teaches master’s level landscape architecture design studio course(s).