Commercial Solar Power Systems
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the fundamentals of solar energy including the history and current state of the solar industry
- Explain the difference between solar energy and solar thermal technologies
- Describe the limitations and benefits of solar energy
- List both current and emerging solar and solar thermal technologies
- Discuss the importance of site selection, placement, and selection of solar systems
Dr. Young currently works as a Military Master Planner with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, in the Planning, Environmental, and Regulatory Branch. Dr. Young is involved in a variety of work including a wide range of military planning, programming, and design projects. Project Management experience ranges from installation design guides to campus master plans. Projects also focus on the impacts of development on human health and the environment, and improvements through better siting, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of military projects.
Dr. Young is also an adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Arlington, School of Architecture. She teaches master’s level landscape architecture design studio course(s).