07/27/2023: LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR, 10 Strategies for Improving Engineering Competence - Second Repeat Presentation, Thursday, July 27, 2023, 12pm-1pm Eastern
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Explain 10 practical strategies for increasing your competence in matters that have a direct effect on ecological and human prosperity.
- Honestly evaluate current competencies and understand how to grow effectively as you continue to reduce the risk to public safety.
- Identify industry trends that are relevant, promote life safety, and provide personal growth.
- Propose tasks to other engineers to help mentor them in their personal growth within their community.
- Recognize roadblocks to growth and means of adaptation and avoidance that have an impact on society.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Dave Adams
Dave Adams has been practicing structural engineering since graduation from the University of California, San Diego in 1990. He is currently a Principal Associate with BWE in San Diego, CA, and continues to serve as a subject matter expert for the California engineer's licensing board (BPELSG). He regularly designs and details structures of all materials and collaborates with other engineers and draftspersons. Dave also investigates structural failures or damage for a variety of building types and has written comprehensive reports to summarize findings and retrofit recommendation. Mr. Adams is actively involved in the engineering community through committee membership, paper publication, and student mentoring.