HAZWOPER 40-Hour For All Industries
Following this training the student should be able to:
- Describe OSHA and the HAZWOPER Regulation and other laws related to HAZWOPER facilities.
- Describe different types and uses of detectors and monitors used to detect hazardous substances.
- Understand the requirements and importance of safety and health programs.
- Explain the process of site characterization and control.
- Explain decontamination methods and principles.
- Evaluate the physical and chemical properties of hazardous substances.
- Understand toxicology and exposure to chemicals and hazardous substances.
- Identify site hazards and develop methods for control.
- Identify hazardous substances and their characteristics.
- Describe the important elements of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard.
- Identify the different types of respirators.
- Explain the proper selection, inspection, use and maintenance of respirators.
- Explain the need for fit testing and respirator medical evaluation and surveillance.
- Select and utilize appropriate PPE for HAZWOPER Operations.
- Describe the different types of chemical protective clothing levels.
- Explain emergency preparedness and response protocols.
- Demonstrate proper donning and doffing procedures for HAZWOPER personal protective equipment.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Author Default